"No matter what we would have done, the conditions were such that there were going to be great fires in Yellowstone under any circumstances," he said. "They were started by lightning, by outfitters, by woodcutters — we were a perfect setup to burn."
Across the country, people wept for the lost forest. Romantic nostalgia and media hype combined to create a public outcry of grief over the devastation.
|"Devastated" Yellowstone 1988|
|New Growth in Yellowstone. 2012|
- Only two of the 59 largest newspapers in the country endorsed Trump over Clinton.
- Russia engaged in cyberattacks in an effort to deliberately swing the election towards Trump – and the public knew it.
- Trump was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault.
- Fifty Republican national security experts publicly voiced opposition to Trump.
- The 2012 GOP nominee publicly excoriated Trump.
- and the list goes on.