12.16.2006

ok.... 1. 2. 3. Truce.

Some reflections over the past few days' postings.

1) As some have suggested, it is possible that the mad-capitalizer really just meant, "Danna, honey, give yourself sometime. You might not find love right away. It's very soon." If that is the intended meaning, then perhaps the all caps with exclamation points just threw me off (like fists in the air.)

2) Some of my dear friends do happen to be very proud liberals, and can make the mistake of using "conservative Republican" as an insult meaning "mean mean person." When we use that term, we mean Republicans like Strom Thurmond "Yay Segregation!" - or perhaps Santorum (lesbianism = beastiality) Republican. So, to anyone who was insulted by those comments, on behalf of 185cranios, I apologize. Republicans are people, too. And, in fact, in the NH open (you vote Dem or Rep) primary in 2000, I voted for McCain - mainly to avoid the horrifying possibility that W would be president - but still ... I, Dannagal Young, self-proclaimed uber-liberal, voted Republican. So, CSM, play nice.

3) I love you all for caring so much. I'll be ok. Mike is excited for me to move forward. I know that. And that brings me comfort. Plus, on Wednesay I had a wonderful date with a charming guy who I'm seeing again next week. And that is just... nice. Distracting (during the holidays - Mike's favorite freaking time of the year)... and nice.

4) Feel free to post warm and fuzzy friendly messages to me, one another, and mankind now.

9 comments:

dizzlepop said...

Eloquently put...Rock on!

csm said...

i apologize for my comment. my bad.

Candy Duell said...

You take your time, and enjoy your time spent with your charming new friend. I hope your holidays are spent with family and friends, and you and your son have a special time.

MJC said...

Happy holidays.

francine said...

I was too chicken to say anything, but danna, i'm glad you posted this. it was getting a little mean there! (and what does the not very supportive "too soon!" have to do with politics???)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

francine said...

I was too chicken to say anything, but danna, i'm glad you posted this. it was getting a little mean there! (and what does the not very supportive "too soon!" have to do with politics???)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Anonymous said...

CSM- you are a great friend...I'd take someone as loyal as you as a friend anyday. And hey, perhaps we don't hate all Republicans...just the conservative ones!!! You were kid to apologize, but I think you were just lashing out cause you love your friend!!

Anonymous said...

sorry, that should be KIND...

Anonymous said...

Danna,

Best wishes on a happy holiday season, new love (someday if not now), and the miracle of peace though and beyond your difficult loss. You are a strong woman who deserves life, love, happiness, and humor - all the things for which you married Mike. He wants them for you (in the way we use the present tense to describe all things eternal). He would hate that he is not the one giving them to you anymore, but would always know that he has given you all he could: a son, a great love, a sense of your own strength and 'grown-up-ness' that you might otherwise have taken a long time to recognize, and many gifts that only the two of your will ever really know and you will always have. Bless you, darling, from the friends you do not know you have, and best wishes in the new year.