9.04.2006

Monday, September 4, 2006 - 9 pm


Julie, Jack, Bax and I had a wonderful time in Ocean City (R). We waited to head to the shore until the rain had passed, Sunday morning, so Saturday night, Bax and I had an impromptu visit to Tomtom and Meh's beautiful new house in the Art Museum area (L). It was a great night.

Sunday - Monday, Bax and Jack were like two peas in a pod. They slept well and Julie and I actually did a dinner and breakfast out with the boys and strolled along the boardwalk. My favorite moment of the weekend - and there were several - was when we sat with the boys at the edge of the boardwalk and looked out at the ocean. Bax could have sat there for hours: "Oh-sheh. Oh-sheh. Bih wave. Oh-sheh," he said, pointing out across the beach. He was mesmorized.

It was wonderful.

********

Bax has asked me twice, "Where Daddy go?" So, Saturday, I explained that Daddy had an "owie" on his head so had to be at the hospital, but now he's all around us all the time. I told him Daddy is In my heart, in Bax's heart, and all around us. Even if he can't see him, Daddy's all around.

So, this afternoon, while eating snack, Bax pointed to the picture of Mike on the fridge. "Daddy bump," he said, patting his own head. "Daddy owie head. Daddy wih Boo boo Puppy! Yay Boo Boo Puppy!"

Boo Boo puppy is a frozen ice pack inside a little stuffed dog that they give the kids at daycare when they have a bump. Boo boo puppy fixes everything.

I love that Bax is picturing Daddy with Boo Boo Puppy - and that the image makes him happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Baxter is so cute! The picture of him in his rust color shirts reminds me of the description you gave of Mike in a similar colored sweater, collared shirt, slacks...and matching socks :) Hugs!

Michaela said...

Wait...Baxter is smiling even though Mary is holding him! Kidding. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time--I'm so glad. Give that boy a smooch for me.
Michaela

Anonymous said...

Danna,
Just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed the tribute show. It was so well done and everyone who performed is so amazingly talented! I'm sorry I never got to see Mike perform. The video clips were great and showed us how hysterical Mike was. A few days later I stopped at Dunkin Donuts (drive thru) on my way to work. When the person at the other end of the microphone cut me off and then gave me an unintelligible response, I actually smiled and laughed, thinking of Mike. I actually envisioned the employee putting her handkerchief over the microphone and the boss giving her a big "thumbs up" on a job well done. From now on, I will always think of Mike Young and smile at times like that. We had never been to a Comedy Sportz show. Now we can't wait to go! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of such a special tribute. You did a fabulous job!
Ellen and Phil Schatz

Jalena said...

This child is just adorable. What more can I say? Glad you had a good weekend. Tell Baxter I'm mesmerized by the ocean also. Its an awesome sight!!! And here we always had Boo Boo Bunnies. Never heard of the puppies. Good idea though!

Anonymous said...

Danna,

He is a beautiful child! I can't believe how big he looks now. As Ed would say you and Mike "mixed" and "baked" a good baby. For someone so young he seems to have this keen almost unreal sense of Mike. In many ways when you speak of what Baxter says it's almost like he's channeling Mike. We love you and can't wait to see you at Christmast time.

Jenna

Anonymous said...

lovely all of it! --t