7.05.2006

Wednesday, July 5, 2006


Photos of Bax's amazing day of fun with titi sasha, titi dee and the rest of the fam. He arrived home at 6:45 last night drunk on sunshine, smooshes, play, and popsicles. Happy as a freaking clam, I tell you.

No hospital today for me. I'm still recovering from the plague of rotting tonsils. Slept straight from 11 am until 2:30 pm and feeling a bit better than this morning. Got to love antibiotics.

Mike is having a good day. He's happy and doing fine in therapy. Transport is being arranged to bring mike by ambulance tomorrow at 1 pm over to JHN at 900 Walnut street. They will readmit him, take care of pre-op needs, and get ready for surgery Friday morning. I haven't been told for certain, but I have to imagine that Mike is first on the schedule on Friday. A craniotomy from the left - particular in the context of Mike's S.F.T. is definitely worthy of a "first of the day" slot - at least in my little mind.

Jae, Kylee, and dog Maisy arrive tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon/evening. I'm so glad they are coming. I think all the help of friends and the thought of her arrival helped get me better -- or at least to just relax a little bit to get some rest.

N.P. Jaymie called today to check in . She’s on vacation this week and won’t return to JHN until Wednesday. She had called the hospital to check on mike and heard that the surgery last Friday was unsuccessful, so she called my cell to see how we were doing. We are so lucky to have such amazing people on our case. People who really love Mike. It makes all the difference in the world.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hope your tonsils are feeling better. Bax is outrageously fabulous and stunningly cute. His red hair makes me want to do cartwheels and drink lemonade. Does that make any sense?

Peter said...

Will you be waiting around in the family waiting area tomorrow? Let us know. And tell Andrews to sharpen his needles tonight.