7.10.2006

Monday, July 10, 2006 - late morning

Just got a call from N.P. Judy in the NICU. She said he's in D.I.C., disseminated intravascular coagulation, which means his blood is not clotting properly and he has excessive bleeding, particularly in the area of the central line in his groin. This can cause major organ damage and death. They have moved mike into the higher intensive care setting in the NICU, behind the double doors on the 6th floor.

I didn't get the whole picture, but I understand this is really bad. They have brought hemotologists in and other docs to monitor the situation. I'm leaving now for the hospital.

I don't know what the f*ck this means - but for f*ck's sake - if this disease is going to kill Mike, why doesn't it just do it. Why make us all go through this shit endlessly, tease us with his return and then mess him up again.

I'm venting, I'm mad, and I'm scared.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danna,

I'm sure I'm one of many frequent readers and not-so-frequent posters. I didn't have internet access over the weekend and now I'm just overwhelmed by the rollercoaster that you and Mike have been on since Friday. As I virtually ride this with you, I'm imagining this steep decline followed by a steady climb. Sending many positive thoughts your way.
- Emily W.

Jalena said...

Why the HELL does he have a central line now!!!!!!!! Is this still the old one or did they put in a new one??????? I am so, so sorry this is happening. And is there is chance they have him on too much in the way of blood thinners? Danna, please let us know immediately. My heart is just breaking for all of you.

Jenny S-G said...

Danna,

I continue to think positive thoughts of protection and healing for Mike. Come on brain - stop swelling . . .

Sending you a hug from 250 miles away.
~Jen

Andre said...

Danna, a day doesn't go by that I don't think of all of you guys, and today, since Marianne alerted me to this update, I can't think of much else. Words aren't coming. What can I say? I love you and Mike and Baxter. I think that's all there is for now.

Heide, Daniel and Hazel said...

They say you have to hit bottom to climb back to the top. I am hoping and hoping and hoping this is the bottom so the only path now is to the top. Mike proved to us that he is still in there and I will pray that he will come out of this hell and drive that shitty old Saturn once again. At least come home someday soon and be able to at kick the tires and spin some lettuce in your salad spinner once again.

Fingers and toes crossed. Please modern westernized medicine, please do your magic and get this man back!

Love, Heide, Daniel and Hazel