6.18.2006

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Had a nice afternoon visit with Baxter and Mike today at Magee. Mike was sitting in bed, so Bax spent a lot of time just snuggling with him in his cozy tented bed. It was a pretty good visit. Mike seemed pooped, though.

I think with Mike’s condition being at least relatively stable day to day right now, I may not blog every night. I feel like I’m starting to get antsy about moving ahead with certain responsibilities – like my job. I’ll be teaching in Sept and the dissertation needs to move ahead – at least while I know we have a “plan” for at least the next month or so. Yes, it is very difficult to even start wrapping my head around anything non-tumor related, but I think I need to try. If it’s still not time, I’ll know. You may hear from me every night anyway.

I was also motivated by the fact that Mike’s mom will be here for a week at the end of July, and Jonathan and Anna have offered to come live here and take care of Bax over a period of a week while I stay with friends and immerse myself in my dissertation long enough to either finish or get enough momentum going to get done relatively soon.

1 comment:

CSM said...

Stopped in to visit with Mike tonite. He was sleeping when I arrived, but the nurse suggested we wake him up. So, we did and Mike and I thumbwrestled for a little bit (he showed good strength in his right thumb!) and drew (he did a good drawing of a house with smoke coming out of the chimney) and a MadLib. He also ate a Cliff Bar, which he seemed to enjoy. We talked about Wegmans (I told him that you said he'd have an orgasm when he saw the place and he laughed really hard)... and I couldn't help but tell him about the confectioners sugar bit. He really laughed at that... It was a quiet visit-- but it was nice to see him on Father's Day. Interesting note: when I asked him for a person's name for MadLibs-- he looked at the curtain next to his bed and said, "Ron." I thought that was a good sign that he knew his roommate! Will stop in to visit him this week in between Pickle Parties!

Love, CSM