4.18.2006

ok... so today's entry was a bit of a downer...


... So, here's a bit of funny, though slightly disturbing, comic relief to make up for today's earlier dismal post.

Today while mike was trying to lift up his gown as he was sitting in his chair in the hospital room I said, "You don't want to give the people in the hallway a show, Mike." He kept lifting up the stupid gown and I said in an annoyed tone, "Mike, what are you doing?"

"Giving a show," he replied. And then he took the edge of his gown and broke into song to the tune of the theme to "Elmo's world."

"Duh-da-duh-da ... Duh-da-duh-da... Here's my dress!"

I just stared at him in shock.

"What?!" he asked incredulously, "Wasn't that at least a little bit cute?"

Freaking Elmo. Mike can't remember that ripping out his picc line is a bad idea, but freaking Elmo gets a spot in long-term memory.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm not at all surprised. Elmo is like crack, as we've talked about before. Peter can NOT get enough of him. I am such a mean mommie that except for the Elmo puppet your mom gave him, the only plush Elmo that Peter encounters is the one in the aisle at Target that jumps and shouts ("you make me wanna jump..."). I let him visit Elmo when we are at Target. He gets so excited to see him. Yesterday he was marked down (he's getting a bit worn with all the play) but I still didn't buy him.

That song IS memorable.